Monday, January 24, 2011





I made quite a few quilts throughout the 2010 year. There were two women who retired. I got the best idea instead of a little gift that would be thrown away in a few years. We decided as employees to gather our funds together purchased material and I quilted myself silly. My boss loves the sea. I found a jelly roll that had the colors that fit the colors of the sea and shore. I used a pattern from a magazine (my biggest down fall) I enjoyed putting it together. There is such joy in doing something fun in secret for other people. When the time came her breath was taken away and joy in her face. It was worth the effort. My quilting machine broke as I finished the quilt!!

I then made a table topper for the other one who was retiring. Now that one was more challenging. I had never made something so difficult. There were choice quilter words spoken many times. I did conquer and created a beautiful table topper. This person called me around Christmas again thanking me for such a gift.

My mission was accomplished by bring joy to others. What a great feeling it is to have that ability!

No comments:

Post a Comment